Sharing your information
We will never sell, distribute or lease your data to any third party other than those companies we work with in the normal course of running our business to fulfil your orders and provide you with a rich personal service and shopping experience.
When we share data we only share the minimum possible for them to perform their services. We share limited personal information with:
- Royal Mail and DHL- our delivery companies
- Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Paypal and Klarna – our payment service providers
- Facebook, Instagram and Google for targeted marketing whilst browsing the internet
- Gmail – our email provider
- Marketing, data insight and advertising agencies who we work with to run our business
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
You’ll find details of how to change the way we use your data in the ‘Your rights?’ section below. More generally, if you don’t want Facebook or other companies to collect or use information based on your activity on websites, devices or apps off Facebook for the purpose of showing you ads, you can opt out from all participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe. You can also opt out using your mobile device settings.
Contacting the regulator (Data Handling)
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to http://www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
How do we collect your personal data?
We need to collect your information when you make a purchase from us. This may be online via our website, or via the telephone, or via any methods that we offer. We also offer a free email newsletter – of which subscribers will need to provide their information. From time to time we may run also run promotions or competitions either in store or online and your details will be collected when you enter.
Some other examples of how we may collect your personal data includes, but is not limited to:
- When you visit our website and make a purchase online to buy a product or service, or when you make a purchase of a product or service by telephone;
- When you create an account with us (either in store or via our website);
- When you purchase a product, but don’t have an account – we will require your details to carry out the purchase;
When you engage with us on social media, for tracking purposes;
- When you register to receive our free email newsletter;
- When you enter a competition either in store or online;
- When you contact us by any means (via telephone or email), with a query, customer complaint or regarding an existing order;
- When you choose to complete a customer satisfaction survey which we may send to you to improve our service levels and ensure we’re offering our highest standard of service;
- If you make a comment on our website, such as a product review, or our social media feeds;
- If you have given a third party partner permission to share with us the details they hold about you
- There may be occasions when you contact us regarding a third party individual, for example on behalf of an individual who perhaps does not have the capacity to contact us themselves, or an organisation.
- In these situations, you must confirm that you have obtained the express consent of the third party for the disclosure and use of their personal data.
When browsing our website, some personal data may be automatically collected. This includes your IP address, device specific information, server logs, device event information, information regarding your general location and any unique application numbers. This data is mainly collected using Google Analytics for helping us track our visitor statistics and improving our service levels.
What type of data do we collect from you?
Data that we will collect from you will include a name, address, gender, date of birth, email address, telephone numbers, payment information and IP addresses (for website orders). For your security, we will also hold an encrypted (unreadable) record of your website login password, if you have created an online account with us. We may also keep details of your visits to our website, such as traffic data, location data, web blogs and other communication data. We also keep records of any queries and contact with us, and may store internal notes regarding your queries against your customer account to ensure that our staff can offer the best possible service, should you speak to different staff.
How and why do we use your data?
Ultimately, we want to give you the best possible customer experience when you make a purchase with Changerobe.com. For example, if you choose to receive our free email newsletter, we would only like to send you email content which is relevant and exciting to you. Therefore, by us knowing your local area, we can target events and promotions relevant to you.
We will use the data you provide to use in the following ways:
- To process orders you have submitted to us (either in store, by phone or online);
- To provide you with the products and services you express interest in;
- To comply with our contractual obligations we have with you (for example, when you order an item from us for home delivery, we’ll collect your address details and pass them to our engineers so they can deliver them to your address);
- To help us identify you, and any accounts or services you hold with us;
- To allow us to review, develop and improve our website and services;
- To provide customer care, including responding to your requests when you contact us with a query;
- To administer accounts, payments, and keep track of billing and payments;
- To detect fraud, and make sure what you have told us is correct;
- To carry out marketing and statistical data;
- To provide you with our occasional email newsletter, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- If you opt-in to receive marketing emails from us, we’ll send you a few emails each month keeping you up-to-date with our latest news, products, offers and events.
- If you have made a purchase from us, we may use this information to send you emails about similar products that may be of interest to you. Some emails that we send will be based on actions that you have taken on our website, for example buying or viewing a specific product. We do this to enhance your shopping experience, and to help you find products which we think may be useful to you. You can unsubscribe from this at any time by either contacting us direct or clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. You will still receive order information relating to your specific order.
Where we store your personal data
All our data is stored responsibly and securely. We follow accepted ISO standards to store and protect the data we collect, which includes the use of encryption where applicable.
All information we hold in our database is stored on our secure servers within the United Kingdom. Access to these servers is restricted by secure firewall and is only available to Changrobe.com and authorised third partnering companies.
Any data we collect via email is stored securely in our on-site mail server, with security procedures in place to ensure data security. Any backups which are performed are also protected with the use of a security encryption certificate.
All transactions carried out on our website are done securely using “https” secure socket layer technology.
We regularly monitor our systems and networks for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and carry out regular penetration testing of our networks and websites to identify ways to further strengthen our security.
Links to third party websites
Retaining your information
We will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary and solely for the purpose for which it was collected. For example we will keep personal data relating to orders for a minimum of 6 years to comply with our legal, contractual and warranty obligations.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
When it comes to your personal information, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed about how we use your information
- The right to access any information we hold about you
- The right to correct any inaccurate information that we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete information that we hold about you
- The right to access your information in such a way so that it can easily be transferred from environment to another in a safe and secure way
- The right to object to, and opt-out of our email marketing at any time
- We try to ensure that our services are made easy for you to exercise any of these rights, at any time.
- If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us.
Countries outside of the European Union
To fulfil international orders, some data will be passed on to companies within our delivery network who operate outside of the European Economic Area. As with all of our data transfer, this is carried out in a secure way and only the information needed to fulfil your order (e.g. name, contact details, postal address) will be provided.
Group and Trade Orders
We welcome large orders but would rather speak to you about your enquiries prior to make the purchase on line, please either call us on 07739564702 or email email@example.com
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.